Hi – and hello 2012! Fresh start to a fresh year and, if you’re still serious about moving country, now is the time to put those job hunting plans into action!
If you’re in the UK or Europe, getting a job sorted from the other side of the globe can seem like something for the ‘too hard’ basket but these days, if you can’t go to the employers, the good news is, they can come to you!
Finding a job – the easy way!
Working In is holding its first migration and job expos for the year in London (this weekend, 24-25 March), Aberdeen
(28 March) and Manchester
(31 March-1 April), and we’ll have dozens of employers flying in from New Zealand, Canada and Australia. The big bonus is that meeting potential employers face to face gives you a huge advantage in the job hunting process, and because you don’t have to leave the country, even better!
Why meet employers in person?
- You have an unbeatable opportunity to sell your best asset – yourself! – up close and personal.
- You can tell pretty much straight away if there’s a good fit between you both, and whether or not you’ll fit in with the company culture and philosophy.
- If you plan your day properly, and do some research on the roles being recruited, you have the advantage of checking out not just one, but hundreds of employment opportunities – all under the same roof!
- It’s an invaluable opportunity to network and build contacts. Make sure you prepare hard copies of your up-to-date CV to hand out to employers and, if possible, bring along a copy on a memory stick.
- If it leads to a job or a job offer, then you’ve already smoothed the pathway for your visa application and increased your chances of being accepted.
Do your research on the jobs available!
A word of advice, before you go, save yourself time and do some research on the roles each company is offering. Getting the right match between your work experience and the jobs on offer is vital.
Feeling inspired? Then get along and get that job!
BOOK NOW for Opportunities Australia: London, Aberdeen & Manchester
BOOK NOW for Opportunities Canada: London, Aberdeen & Manchester.
BOOK NOW for Opportunities New Zealand: London, Aberdeen & Manchester.
See you there!