Moving to Australia: The Paperwork

When planning your move to Australia, customs will require you to have certain paperwork in order before you can emigrate. Here are the main documents to prepare for your move:

A valid passport

Check the date on your passport; if it is due to expire within six months of your intended date of travel to Australia, you should get it renewed as soon as possible.

A relevant visa

The type of visa you apply for will depend on your circumstances. For example, you might be moving for a job you’ve already been offered, to look for work or to invest in the business; each case requires a different visa. For more information about applying for an Australian visa, click here.

A signed UPE statement

You must complete an Unaccompanied Personal Effects statement in full (known as a B534) to clear your unaccompanied goods through customs, along with purchase receipts or proof of value for items less than 12 months old, and a descriptive inventory of your goods.

Pickfords, the UK’s largest removals and storage company, provides regular shipments to Australia as well as customs advice and support with paperwork on the run up to your move. To find out more, or to book a survey, click here or call 0800 019 8556.

Be the first to comment on "Moving to Australia: The Paperwork"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.