Moving to Canada: The Paperwork

When planning your move to Canada, customs will require you to have certain paperwork in order before you can emigrate. Here are the main documents to prepare for your move:

A valid passport

Check the date on your passport; if it is due to expire within six months of your intended date of travel to Canada, you should get it renewed as soon as possible.

A relevant visa

The type of visa you apply for will depend on your circumstances. For example, moving for a job you’ve already been offered requires a different visa to moving to look for work. For more information about applying for a Canadian visa, click here.

Personal Effects Accounting Document

This form, also known as a B4 E, must be completed to document all unaccompanied goods you intend to ship to Canada, along with a descriptive inventory including the make, model and serial number of any electrical items, and purchase receipts or proof of value for any items under 12 months old.

Pickfords, the UK’s largest removals and storage company, provides regular shipments to Canada as well as customs advice and support with paperwork on the run up to your move. To find out more, or to book a survey, click here or call 0800 019 8556.

Be the first to comment on "Moving to Canada: The Paperwork"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.